The High-Performance MiniMAX
Multiple application support, including air, ground, marine, and GIS. Position accuracy to within 1 meter (3 feet). Supports SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, and others), Beacon, and Satloc’s patented e-Dif.
The Mini MAX receiver and MGL-3 antenna provide GPS coordinates with sub-meter accuracy for your navigation needs.
How It Works
The high-performance Mini MAX receiver works by applying a differential correction signal to the GPS signal received through the MGL-3 antenna. This correction signal is called DGPS (Differential GPS) and is applied up to 5 times per second (5 Hz).
This increases the accuracy over GPS alone. Whereas a GPS signal provides accuracy on the order of 10 – 20 meters, the Mini MAX differential correction increases the accuracy to less than 1 meter, depending on the type of differential used.
The Satloc application you are using the receiver with then uses this highly accurate signal to drive its guidance software.
Features & Benefits
- WAAS/EGNOS (or other SBAS – Space-Based Augmentation System), Beacon, and optional e-Dif support
- Satloc’s patented COAST technology – this allows you to maintain accurate receiver performance during temporary loss of differential signal
- ruggedized, weatherproof enclosures and shock-resistant hardware for outdoor use
- raw measurement output for post processing applications
- excellent phase measurement quality
- 12-channel GPS engine (2 channels dedicated to SBAS systems, such as WAAS
- sub-meter horizontal accuracy of 95%
- raw measurement output (via documented binary messages)
- position and raw measurement update rates of 5 Hz max
- position fix within 30 seconds (SBAS); 60 seconds (Beacon) with unobstructed view of sky
- 2 full-duplex serial ports, one of which can be used as an RTCM input port, all configurable on a single DB9 connector
- 1 PPS timing output
- 3W power consumption